DCYF Releases Request for Proposals for Disconnected Transitional Age Youth
DCYF is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to identify and fund strategies to improve outcomes for disconnected Transitional Age Youth (TAY). For the purposes of this RFP and as defined by Charter Section 16.108 of the Children and Families First Legislation, disconnected TAY are defined as young people ages 18-24 who:
- Are homeless or in danger of homelessness;
• Have dropped out of high school;
• Have a disability or other special needs, including substance abuse;
• Are low-income parents;
• Are undocumented;
• Are new immigrants and/or English learners;
• Are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (“LGBTQQ”); and/or
• Are transitioning from the foster care, juvenile justice, criminal justice or special education system.
In an effort to reduce challenges that programs face in meeting the complex needs of TAY, DCYF, through this RFP, is seeking to:
- Minimize prescriptive requirements and maximize flexibility;
• Focus on education and employment outcomes while allowing programs to serve the most disconnected youth;
• Create or support structures and innovative strategies that provide strong referral between services, leverage available resources and demonstrated strengths of partners, share necessary data and avoid disengagement of youth; and
• Create opportunities for DCYF to learn from grantees and the community, informing future approaches to TAY funding.
This RFP seeks applicants for two distinct strategies:
STRATEGY 1: THE COLLABORATIVE MODEL
Lead agencies coordinate a collaborative effort to improve educational and employment outcomes for disconnected TAY ages 18-24, building on existing agency, partner and community resources.
STRATEGY 2: TAY INNOVATION FUND
Multiple grants available ranging from $50,000-$100,000 designed to address gaps or barriers in existing TAY services.
Organizations may apply to one or both funding strategies, but must complete separate applications for each strategy. Applications will be evaluated separately within each strategy.
Click Here to Access the RFP Documents. You will be prompted to register in order to access the RFP. DCYF will only use this information in order to contact registrants in the event of an unanticipated change in the RFP documents.
Estimated Timeline (Dates may be subject to change)
- Request for Proposals Issued: November 3, 2015
- Bidder’s Conference: November 9, 2015, 9:30 am – 12:00 pm at 1390 Market Street, Suite 1125, 11th Floor
- Question Submission Period Ends: November 13, 2015, at 5:00 pm
- Proposals Due: December 4, 2015, at 5:00 pm
- Award Decision Finalized: January 11, 2016
All questions must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. DCYF staff will not answer questions regarding the RFP over the phone or in person. Answers to all submitted questions will be posted on the home page of the DCYF website – www.dcyf.org – following the question submission close date (November 13).